Some of the more common preventative dentistry services available
Preventative dentistry is crucial because it helps avoid serious dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease. By keeping your teeth and gums healthy, you can avoid costly dental treatments down the road. Additionally, some dental issues, such as periodontal disease, cannot be cured, only maintained, so avoiding its development in the first place can save the smile! With this in mind, the Cooper Dental Group team in Ormond Beach, Florida, may recommend routine visits to keep the teeth and gums healthy for life!
What are some standard preventative measures patients can take to maintain healthy smiles?
Below are just a few of the regular preventative dentistry services available at the Cooper Dental Group:
- Dental examinations. Our team evaluates a patient’s smile when they arrive to look for signs of problems such as tooth decay, periodontal disease, or oral cancer.
- Dental cleanings. Every six months, patients are advised to visit our practice for a professional dental cleaning called prophylaxis. Our dental hygienists perform this before the evaluation to remove plaque, tartar, and calculus from the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
- Dental imaging. During routine visits, our dental hygienists may take dental images such as x-rays. That allows our dentists to look at the structures of the smile that cannot be seen during a physical evaluation alone.
- Fluoride applications. Fluoride is a mineral that can harden and strengthen natural tooth enamel. Patients can protect their smiles against tooth decay and disease by applying fluoride during routine visits.
- Sealants. Sealants are a way of smoothing rough teeth like the molars to reduce the depth of crevices that can contribute to tooth decay. The sealant is placed during a regular dental evaluation and cleaning to offer extra protection against cavities.
- Education. To obtain and maintain good oral hygiene, patients need to take steps at home to keep their smiles clean and healthy. That includes brushing after every meal and flossing at least once a day. We can talk to patients about their oral hygiene routine and determine if changes must be made to meet their dental health needs.
Contact Cooper Dental Group today!
Call 386-244-9838 to learn how to prevent dental problems with our team at Cooper Dental Group at 1275 W Granada Blvd. Ormond Beach, FL.