You may feel like losing one or two teeth isn’t a big deal. However, spaces in your mouth can create significant problems for your smile, including excessive tooth wear, diminished oral function, low confidence, and constant headaches. The good news is that you don’t have to live with a “gappy” smile. Our dentists, Drs. Adam Tow, Ankit Parikh, and Nicky Masoodi at Cooper Dental Group in Ormond Beach, Florida, offers dental implants that feel, look, and act like natural teeth.
The smooth road to restoring your smile with a dental implant
Dental implant placement starts with a consultation with our dental team. This initial dental visit involves several things, including examining your dental health, alleviating your fears, explaining the benefits and costs of implants, etc. This initial visit eliminates all doubts to ensure you are comfortable from start to finish.
After the initial consultation, the procedure involves the steps below.
- Pre-surgery procedures: Some patients head straight for dental surgery, but others need one or more procedures to prepare their mouth for implants. Patients with severe bone loss require bone grafting to replenish lost bone tissue. If your tooth is severely decayed or damaged, it may need extraction to create room for an implant
- Implant surgery: We surgically insert a titanium post at a precise location in the jawbone. This implant fixture acts as a tooth root to support one or more prosthetic teeth
- Healing and fusion: Your implant needs about 15 days to heal, but it requires four to six months to fuse with the jawbone through osseointegration. After this biological process, your implant becomes part of your dentition to offer lifetime restoration
- Abutment placement: Your implant post doesn’t work in isolation. Above it, we attach an abutment through a minor surgery that protrudes through the gumline to connect the implant to a tooth prosthetic
- Tooth restoration: The final step is to cap off your implant with a lasting restoration, which can be a crown or bridge, depending on the number of teeth lost
Dental implants in our office are remarkably successful because we have integrated cutting-edge technology into our dental offer. Besides radiographs and digital scans, we have invested in a Cone Beam CT (CBCT) scan to take 3D images of your oral structures for accurate implant placement. Precise planning using state-of-the-art technology eliminates the guesswork for a better outcome.
Benefits of dental implants
While dentures and bridges have their place, many patients love dental implants because they offer numerous benefits, including:
- Natural look and feel: Dental implants blend perfectly with your smile. Everything from appearance to function is like you have 100% natural teeth
- Restored oral function: Have you been avoiding chewy and hard foods because of tooth loss? Now, with dental implants, you can eat all your favorite foods. Dental implants restore your oral function to near perfect, allowing you to eat, smile, and talk confidently
- Long-lasting: Dental implants are securely embedded in the jawbone, offering a durable solution for tooth loss. Dental implants are designed to last for life with proper care
- Preserved jaw bone: Tooth loss leads to bone atrophy, causing the jawbone to lose density. Dental implants stimulate your jawbone during chewing and biting, which stops bone loss and encourages the regeneration of new bone cells
- Low maintenance: Taking care of implants is similar to maintaining natural teeth. You don’t need to learn new oral hygiene habits – brush and floss the same way you do for your natural teeth
Do you need dental implants in Ormond Beach, FL? Please call 386-244-9838 to talk to Cooper Dental Group for high-quality implants.
Share this Article